Monday, April 4, 2011

Love is All You Need

Last week my cube buddy and I were drooling over a simple yet colorful garland on Flikr. The garland isn't too in-your-face but it does draw the eye to the *normally* blank wall above the bed.


I got a spur of creativity this weekend and decided to make a similar version for over our bed however I wanted to make mine a little smaller. We have two reading lights attached to the wall over our pillows and I am saving room for the bedframe I am going to make in the future. When we move into a house. Possibly when pigs fly.

The colors and mixture of large and small letters were fabulous however I did want to change the type of the letters to something more my style and, in the far future, style of our house. I don't have one of those fancy Cricut paper cutters, otherwise this project wouldn't have been so time consuming. {That doesn't really mean much because it took me only two evenings after the kids went to bed to cut out the letters.}

After stringing up the letters with some left over string from another project, really the hardest part was hanging them up to look relatively straight. I think I did a pretty good job.


So, now I'm giving it to you. Here is the .pdf that I created and used for my garland above. You should just be able to download and print. I recommend printing on cardstock to have it hold up better however I'm sure you could use a little Mod Podge to make it sturdy.

Have a ball!


All You Need is Love

No comments: